Friday, September 4, 2009

Why Latin?

The reason for Latin came from a simple source at first. One of my friends that I emailed all the time from 6th to 8th grade was a freshmen in Latin 1 at JC last year. I was talking about taking French, and he started trying to convince me to take Latin. It took him a better part of the year, but he finally got me into the class. My personal reasons: I want to be a journalist, so I want a good vocabulary. I'm not going to write in a different language, so it would be a waste. But Latin is the root of the English language. My vocabulary would take of in a whole new direction if I achieved this new understanding. I am also very interested in the history that we study in our Latin class. I already find Latin really interesting and different than the rest of high school. I know that I chose right when I chose Latin.

2 comments:

  1. i like how all of your posts have a good meaning and point, they explain things well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very convincing. It sounds as though you are pitching a campaign and want us others to take Latin as well. Nevertheless you reasons a sound and support your ambitious goals.

    ReplyDelete